>

SUPER FUN BLOG

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 
"The concept is provocative, Vic, archaic, the whole thing about rising from the ashes, dressed in campesino shorts, working off a molcajete, the good ol' Indio Chicano stone mortar and pestle, mixing diverse elements, mashing them into pulp and juice, into a new blood force." (32)

I picked this quote because I thought it was simply very well written and made good use of literary techniques. I think that it also makes references to the 'rags to riches' American dream and the mataphor of a melting plot that was commonly associated with American diversity for a while, especially around cities such as New Orleans.

"I was at the bus depot ready to take bus to Tabasco. But, I decided to catch a flick, miss my ride, see a bit of Cantinflas, and think about my real next move."

Reminds me of that poem we read once in class, I think it was by Ginsberg, where the final line included something about going back to the real work. I think that sounds pretty similar to this line.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

March 2007   April 2007   May 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]